The week begins with the release of the New Home Sales Report for January 2018 by the U.S. Census Bureau on Monday at 10 a.m. EST. The report, which is jointly announced by the Census Bureau and the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides national and regional data on the number of new single-family homes sold and for sale along with national data on median and average prices, the number of houses sold and for sale by stage of construction, and other statistics.
Last month the report analyzed new home sales for December 2017 and indicated that sales of new homes during the month were down 9.3 percent at a seasonally adjusted annual rate compared to the prior month, but were 14.1 percent above the same period in 2016. The report also gave data on the annual number of homes sold and said that an estimated 608,000 new homes were sold during 2017, showing an 8.3 percent increase over the year before.
Here’s what else is in store in The Week Ahead:
- S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller HPI, Tuesday, 9 a.m. EST
- FHFA House Price Index, Tuesday, 9 a.m. EST
- Jerome Powell to testify before the House of Representatives, Wednesday, 10 a.m. EST
- NAR Pending Home Sales Index, Wednesday, 10 a.m. EST
- MBA Mortgage Apps Survey, Wednesday, 7 a.m. EST
- Construction Spending Report, Thursday, 10 a.m. EST
- Fed Balance Sheet, Thursday, 4.30 p.m. EST