The Bureau of Labor Statistics will release its monthly employment data for February 2018 on Friday, March 9 at 8:30 a.m. EST. The report looks at nonfarm payroll employment as well as unemployment numbers, which include employment figures for the construction sector.
The last report released in February highlighted consumer trends in January 2018. According to the report, employment increased by 200,000 during the month while unemployment remained stable at 4.1 percent. The biggest gains were seen in the construction sector where employment continued to trend upwards, with 36,000 jobs being added to construction with most of the increase seen among specialty contractors. The report noted that residential construction added 5,000 jobs.
Here’s what else is in store for The Week Ahead:
- MBA Mortgage Apps, Wednesday, 7 a.m. ET
- ADP Employment Report, Wednesday, 8:15 a.m. ET
- Fed Beige Book, Wednesday, 2 p.m. ET
- Jobless Claims, Thursday, 8:30 a.m. ET
- Freddie Mac Primary Mortgage Market Survey, Thursday, 9 a.m. ET
- Fed Balance Sheet, Thursday, 4:30 p.m. ET