The U.S. Census Bureau and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development will jointly release data for the Housing starts in February on Friday, March 16 at 8:30 a.m. EST. The monthly data indicates the strength of supply in the housing market and indicates long-term trends that define the state of the market.
Last month’s data revealed that construction in January increased on a year-over-year basis with building permits for residential construction rising 7.4 percent in January 2018, over the same period in the prior year. Housing starts also rose 9.7 percent over December 2017 and 7.3 percent in January 2018 over the same period last year. At 877,000, single-family housing starts rose 3.7 percent over December 2017. However, housing completions showed a monthly decline of 1.9 percent over December 2017, even though they were 7.7 percent above the same period last year.
Here’s what else is in store for The Week Ahead:
- Treasury Budget Monday, 2 p.m. ET
- Consumer Price Index Tuesday 8:30 a.m. ET
- MBA Mortgage Applications 7 a.m. ET
- Atlanta Fed Business Inflation Expectations Wednesday 10 a.m. ET
- Philadelphia Fed Business Outlook Survey Thursday, 8:30 a.m. ET
- NAHB Housing Market Index Thursday, 10 a.m. ET