The National Association of Home Builders  (NAHB) will release data of its housing market index on Monday, April 16 at 10 a.m. EST. The housing market index is based on a monthly survey of NAHB members who rate the general economy and housing conditions. The data on this index includes sentiments on present sales of new homes, sales of new homes expected over the next six months, and traffic of prospective homebuyers.
In March, the builder confidence for newly-built single-family homes edged down one point to 70 from a downwardly revised February reading but remained in a strong territory. The HMI component gauging current sales conditions held steady at 77, the chart measuring sales expectations in the next six months dropped two points to 78, and the index gauging buyer traffic fell three points to 51.
Here’s what else is in store for The Week Ahead:
- Bank of America Q1 Results, Monday, 8 a.m. EST
- Census Bureau Housing Starts, Tuesday, 8.30 a.m EST
- Fed Vice Chairman for Supervision Randal Quarles’ Testimony, Tuesday, 10 a.m. ET.
- MBA Mortgage Apps Wednesday, 7 a.m. EST
- Fed Beige Book, Wednesday, 2 p.m. EST
- Philadelphia Fed Business Outlook Survey, Thursday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- TransUnion Q1 Results, Friday, 8:30 a.m. EST