The Five Star Institute will host its Diversity Symposium  on May 8 at the Adolphus Hotel (1321 Commerce St., Dallas, Texas). The event will begin at 8:30 a.m.
Featuring presentations and roundtable discussions, the 2019 Five Star Diversity Symposium will serve as a platform for industry leaders to advance the diversity dialogue and promote truly inclusive business practices to the benefit of individuals, their organizations, and the industry.
Subject-matter experts from across the mortgage industry and invited guests will contribute their knowledge on the latest developments in diversity and inclusion policy, compliance, education, workforce issues, and supply-chain management.
The Diversity Symposium will feature presentations from Charmaine Brown, Director in the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion at Fannie Mae ; Bob McCranie, Broker and Owner of Texas Pride Realty ; Lori A. Trawinski, Director, Financial Security Team at the AARP Public Policy Institute ; Five Star President and CEO Ed Delgado; and many more.
Companies such as Bank of America , Mr. Cooper ; and Carrington Mortgage Services  will also be in attendance. Topics to be discussed include retaining and advancing underrepresented talent, navigating intersectionality, bridging generational gaps, and much more.
Here’s what else is happening in The Week Ahead
- Legal League 100 Spring Servicer Summit —Monday through Tuesday
- Black Knight Mortgage Monitor—Monday
- Senate Banking Committee Hearing, “Privacy Rights and Data Collection in a Digital Economy”—Tuesday, 10 a.m. ET
- Federal Reserve Consumer Credit—Tuesday, 3 p.m. ET
- CoreLogic Home Price Insights Report—Tuesday
- Bureau of Labor  Statistics Consumer Price Index—Friday, 8:30 a.m. ET
- April Federal Budget Release—Friday, 2 p.m. ET