On Tuesday, May 29, 2018, the S&P Dow Jones Indices will release the latest data for its S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller Home Price Indices (HPI). The indices are a leading measure of U.S. residential real estate prices, tracking changes in the value of residential property both nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions.
The most recent data from the index, released on April 24, indicated that home prices continued their rise across the country over the last 12 months. The HPI’s National Home Price NSA Index, covering all nine U.S. census divisions, reported a 6.3 percent annual gain in February, up from 6.1 percent in the previous month. The 10-City Composite annual increase came in at 6.5 percent, up from 6 percent in the previous month. The 20-City Composite posted a 6.8 percent year-over-year gain, up from 6.4 percent in the previous month.
Here’s what else is happening in The Week Ahead:
- MBA Mortgage Applications, Wednesday, 7 a.m. ET
- Federal Reserve Beige Book, Wednesday, 2 p.m. ET
- NAR Pending Home Sales Index, Thursday, 10 a.m. ET
- Fed Balance Sheet, Thursday, 4:30 p.m. ET
- BLS Employment Data, Friday, 8:30 a.m., ET