On Tuesday, the latest installment of the S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller Home Price Index will explore the values of residential real estate and how the housing market is doing as we move into the back half of October. The Home Price Index will post its updated data at 9 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, October 23.
The S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller Home Price Indices measure U.S. residential real estate prices, tracking changes in the value of residential real estate both nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions. The previous edition, released in September, showed a 6 percent annual gain in home prices in July, down from 6.2 percent in the previous month. Las Vegas, Seattle, and San Francisco continued to report the highest year-over-year gains among the 20 cities tracked by the HPI.
Here's what else is happening in The Week Ahead:
- MBA Mortgage Apps, Wednesday, 7 a.m. EDT
- FHFA House Price Index, Wednesday, 9 a.m. EDT
- New Home Sales, Wednesday, 10 a.m. EDT
- Fed Beige Book, Wednesday, 2 p.m. EDT
- Pending Home Sales Index, Thursday, 10 a.m. EDT