On Wednesday, January 31 at 10 a.m. EST, The National Association of Realtors (NAR) will release its data on pending home sales for December 2017. The Pending Home Sales Index analyzes data on homes where the contract is signed but not yet closed and is based on signed real estate contracts for existing single-family homes, condos, and co-ops. The report is an important snapshot of trends in the housing market.
The Pending Home Sales Index for November 2017 was released by NAR in December 2017 and indicated that pending home sales were mostly unmoved in November, but did inch-up marginally both on a monthly and annualized basis. Pending home sales rose 0.2 percent to 109.5 in November from 109.3 in October 2017. Even with these modest increases the index remained at its highest reading since June 2017 (110.0), and was 0.8 percent above a year ago.
Here’s what else is scheduled for The Week Ahead:
- Personal Income and Outlays, Monday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- First American Real House Price Index, Monday, 9 a.m. EST
- S&P Corelogic Case-Shiller HPI, Tuesday, 9 a.m. EST
- Consumer Confidence Index, Tuesday, 10 a.m. EST
- Statestreet Investor Confidence Index, Tuesday, 10 a.m. EST
- MBA Mortgage Applications Survey, Wednesday, 7 a.m. EST
- ADP National Employment Report, Wednesday 8:15 a.m. EST
- Employment Cost Index, Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- Jobless Claims, Thursday, 8:30 a.m. EST
- Construction Spending report, Thursday, 10 a.m. EST
- Fed Balance Sheet, Thursday, 4:30 p.m. EST
- San Francisco Fed President John Williams keynote speech to the "Financial Women of San Francisco" in San Francisco, with audience Q&A, Friday, 3:30 p.m. EST