Following the release of Arch Mortgage Insurance's Winter 2015 Edition and of its Housing and Mortgage Market Review, Arch MI Risk IndexSM, Ph.D. Economist Ralph DeFranco will be hosting two sessions this week to discuss the findings.
DeFranco will leads two special sessions on Wednesday and Friday to share the latest data, trends, and predictions on what's mortgage lenders can expect as we move further into the 2015 spring home buying season.
During each session, DeFranco will:
- Summarize what the latest economic and housing market data imply about the future
- Discuss the latest regional Arch MI Risk Index values (a statistical measure of the probability of home prices being lower in two years)
- Discuss what lower oil prices mean for housing
- Examine the impacts on your mortgage business
- Present a "deep dive" into what lower oil prices mean for housing, particularly in oil-producing states
Talks will also include the potential for home price declines in the oil-centric states of Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming.