Santa Ana, California-based mortgage lender, First American Mortgage Solutions , has announced the expansion of the application programming interfaces (APIs) available through its Digital Gateway, giving users greater flexibility to create modern, consumer-friendly applications and workflows.
First American Mortgage Solutions’ digital gateway serves as a single platform for mortgage lenders and servicers, Loan Origination System (LOS) providers, fintech companies and Point-of-Sale (POS) solution providers to access data and services across the First American enterprise.
The APIs and flexible architecture can be used to create digital mortgage applications focused on borrower experience. The benefits of this expanded line include loan application efficiencies via auto-population and data validation, as well as simplifying complex tasks and improving overall efficiency.
“Since the initial launch, customer feedback has been extremely positive, and we expect increased engagement as more digital solutions emerge,” said Kevin Wall, President of First American Mortgage Solutions. “Our strong set of APIs, with more coming soon, allows unparalleled flexibility and workflow configuration. We’re also continuing to streamline the integration of our data, products, and services to speed up digital transformation across the mortgage spectrum.”
First American APIs and datasets available through Digital Gateway include:
- Multiple Identity APIs for comprehensive searches of applicants’ Social Security numbers with identity and occupancy validation
- Multiple Property APIs for nationwide property or owner searches, including hundreds of property data points and listing history
- Proprietary Ownership APIs, leveraging a nationwide search for properties owned by the borrowers, and any potential unidentified addresses, foreclosures, and pre-foreclosures
- Liens and Judgements API, both FCRA and non-FCRA compliant
- Fraud, Verifications and Compliance API and datasets
“We’re committed to investing in data and digital solutions across our business to assist customers in achieving their goals,” Wall added. “Digital Gateway is our latest technology innovation designed to support their vision to accelerate mortgage lending and improve the consumer experience.”