The U.S. Census Bureau will release its latest new residential construction report on Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. ET. The survey provides national and regional data on the number of new housing units authorized by building permits; authorized, but not started; started; under construction; and completed.
According to the previous report, privately‐owned housing units authorized by building permits in January were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,345,000—1.4 percent above the revised December rate of 1,326,000 and 1.5 percent below the January 2018 rate of 1,366,000. Single‐family authorizations in January were at a rate of 812,000. Authorizations of units in buildings with five units or more were at a rate of 482,000 in January. Privately‐owned housing starts in January were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,230,000. Privately‐owned housing completions in January were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,244,000.
Here’s what else is happening in the week ahead:
First American Real Home Price Index, Monday
- Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Housing Reform Outline, Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. ET
- S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller HPI, Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. ET
- FHFA House Price Index, Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. ET
- MBA Mortgage Applications, Wednesday, 7:00 a.m. ET
- NAR Pending Home Sales Index, Thursday, 10:00 a.m. ET
- Fed Balance Sheet, Thursday, 4:30 p.m. ET
- New Home Sales, Friday, 10:00 a.m. ET
- Census Bureau New Residential Sales report, Friday