The University of Michigan will release its Consumer Sentiment Survey on Friday, May 11 at 10 a.m. EST. The survey covers 500 households every month and covers topics such as consumers’ financial conditions and attitudes about the economy.
According to preliminary data from the April survey, Consumer sentiment improved slightly in the second half of the month, shrinking the small overall decline for April. The final April figure was nearly identical to its 2018 average which was higher than any other yearly average since 107.6 was recorded in 2000 (which was, in turn, the highest yearly average in more than a half-century).
Here’s what else is happening in the week ahead:
- Fed Consumer Credit Report, Monday, 3 p.m. EST
- Redbook, Tuesday, 8.55 a.m. EST
- MBA Mortgage Apps 7 a.m. EST
- Consumer Price Index, Thursday, 8.30 a.m. EST
- Freddie Mac Primary Mortgage Market Survey, Thursday
- Fed Balance Sheet, Thursday 4.30 p.m. EST