Home >> Tag Archives: Home Values (page 9)

Tag Archives: Home Values

Rate of Seriously Underwater Homes Drops in Q3

RealtyTrac reported that 8.1 million U.S. homeowners, representing 15 percent of all mortgages in the country, were seriously underwater on their mortgage in Q3, the lowest percentage of underwater mortgages nationwide since RealtyTrac began tracking the data in Q1 2012.

Read More »

Home Value Growth Continues to Slow in Q3

Real estate data firm Zillow reported a 6.5 percent year-over-year gain in its Home Value Index for September, bringing the index up to $176,500. Zillow's chief economist, Dr. Stan Humphries, said the latest report comes as a relief compared to last year, when the market was experiencing unsustainable price growth that went well into the double digits in some areas.

Read More »

Report Maps Top Markets for Price Appreciation

According to the latest market forecast from Veros Real Estate Solutions, released Thursday, 83 percent of American homes are appreciating, especially in markets west of the Mississippi. In fact, the top 25 markets are west of the river. In contrast, 24 of the weakest 25 markets are east of it.

Read More »

Report: Home Prices 3% Undervalued Nationally

Despite inching closing to the tipping point, home prices still haven't reached a stage where fears of a bubble are justified, says Trulia. The company recently released its third quarter Bubble Watch report, which measures whether home prices are over- or undervalued relative to their fundamental value. Comparing current movements to long-term trends, the report suggests home prices nationally remain 3 percent undervalued.

Read More »

Millennial Optimism Boosts U.S. Housing Confidence

American consumers' enthusiasm for the housing market rose over the summer from the year's start, but expectations for future market performance have become more subdued, according to survey results released by Zillow. Among the thousands of Americans surveyed, confidence is higher among renters as purchase conditions continue to look favorable and rent prices climb.

Read More »

Report: Cooled Market Offers Better Prospects for Buyers, Sellers

Zillow's August Home Value Index, released Friday, shows that U.S. home values in August rose at a cool 0.1 percent from July. This cooling of price increases is good news for both buyers and sellers, as slow growth makes for a market in which final sales numbers are more in sync with actual property values.

Read More »

Despite Gains, Recovery Still in ‘Middle Innings’

The housing market overall really is recovering, despite a lackluster so far this year. It's just going to take a lot longer in several markets, according to Zillow. According to the second-quarter Zillow Real Estate Market Report, home values in half of the nation's 100 largest metro areas will not return to their pre-recession peak levels for at least three years. In a few markets, full recovery will take more than a decade.

Read More »

Trends Indicate Recovering (Not Bubbling) Home Market

Market trends across the United States indicate a recovering real estate market—but not a bubble—according to the latest Home Value Forecast from Pro Teck Valuation Services. According to the forecast, the housing economy is in healthy rebound, so much so that even the markets showing the greatest appreciation are not near 2006 figures, when the market was at its historical peak.

Read More »

Home Values Expected to Depreciate in 20% of U.S. Markets

Over the 12-month period ending in June 2015, nearly 20 percent of the more than 340 markets covered in Veros Real Estate Solutions' quarterly VeroFORECAST are expected to experience a decline in home prices, the company said Tuesday. While that leaves 80 percent of the country on an upward growth path, "all but the most upbeat markets are slowing in their value improvements," Veros said in its third-quarter update.

Read More »

Bubble Fears Unwarranted with Homes Still 3% Undervalued

While persistent price gains continue to dominate headlines, homes in a majority of major markets across the country remain slightly undervalued, quashing any concerns of a rising bubble, according to the latest data from Trulia. Nationally, homes remain undervalued by 3 percent compared with long-term fundamentals, according to Trulia's Bubble Watch.

Read More »

Subscribe to MDaily

MReport is here for you to stay on top of important developments in the mortgage marketplace. To begin receiving each day’s top news, market information, and breaking news updates, absolutely free of cost, simply enter your email address below.